Monday, August 18, 2008

Lucas Oil Stadium at Night

I was driving by the "Oil Can" last night. The view from the interstate was actually quite spectacular, since I've always felt that it is quite hideous in the daylight. The way it was lit accentuated what little is attractive about the behemoth. And once everyone has a few $8 beers at the game, people will be in love with the place.

Of course, isn't that the way things are in the bar scene. After a few drinks in the subdued light, women look foxy and the men are all hunks.

But, at daybreak reality returns. It's not quite what you thought it was the night before.

1 comment:

Darrin said...

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks "The Luk" is lacking a certain aesthetic appeal. Whenever I see it I'm reminded of when we were kids and we built miniature towns for our little plastic army men to do battle in. It's akin to the giant pink doll-house liberated from my little sister that was always just the wrong color, scale, and style -- not to mention it towered gaudily over the smaller cardboard buildings repurposed from matchbox car playsets. Sure you could try to pretend it was some cool old castle and village in the remote Austrian alps somewhere, but in reality the cognitive dissonance of the giant Lucas Oil ... er ... I mean Barbie logo was a bit distracting, not to mention embarrassing when your friends walked by and that's the first thing they saw.