Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Everyday is Saturday

I love Saturdays. Who in heaven's name doesn't? It is the day that you can do whatever needs to be done or more importantly what you want to do. College football (IU-ugh!), sleeping in (with my sweetie), eating breakfast out at your favorite restaurant (City Cafe'), working in the yard (Not me! I live in a condo), or driving to the place where you fell in love (Admit it. You've been there).


Well, in my current situation, I am "voluntarily retired". So, I am in the training phase of living everyday as if it is Saturday until I screw it up by doing something else. Why would I screw up Saturday? Well, it is human nature to change the status quo. So, what is Saturday when you "drop out:? Well, yesterday was the day after Friday, today is Saturday,and tomorrow will be the day before Sunday .I still feel as if two days from now it will be Monday and you all know that Monday is not a favorite of the masses. What am I to do?

Enjoy it! After 37 years of chasing the buck, I am looking for something else to spend my remaining time before the Grim Reaper comes knocking. But, before I make any rash decisions, I am not doing anything except enjoy the illusion that today is Saturday.

And I'm lovin' it!

No comments: