Sunday, December 13, 2009

What I Want for Christmas

For starters. let me tell you what I do have. I have a beautiful wife and a wonderful family. I live in a comfortable home regardless of the weather, have charming neighbors & great friends, and my dog loves me. I have savings, health insurance, more clothes than I need, enough electronic devices to start a pawn shop, and can travel anywhere on the three B's (bike, bus, and beemer).


What do I need? Not much, actually. I was thinking of chucking my mobile, but the little lady wants to be able to track me via GPS should I hike the Appalachian Trail or have a sudden onset of Alzheimer's. I could use new exercise clothes. I have some now, but one of my charming neighbors thought my black baggy outfit made me look like M.C. Hammer. I could use a backpack to carry "whatever" while I tool around downtown on my bike. I guess I could use a plastic bag, but that carries an entirely different identity downtown. However, if I get none of these, it's no big deal.

So, what do I want for Christmas? I want my soon-to-born grandson to be healthy. I want the wars wherever they are to end. I want everyone who wants a job to have one that fits their skills. And, most of all I want to stop wanting. I will need to learn to accept what I have is enough and trust the the Good Lord will give me what I need.

That being said, here's hoping you get what you want or better-what you need this Christmas.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi!!! askindyted.blogspot.com is one of the most excellent informational websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. askindyted.blogspot.com rocks!