Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Hello Indianapolis! (that's me on the right)


I'll start my first blog with a little about me. I've lived in the city except for four very interesting years in Bloomington during the Vietnam War, Watergate, and women learning to become something other than teachers, nurses, and housewives. Ironically, I married a nurse who eventually became a teacher, but much more than a housewife. She gave birth to my three wonderful sons, raised them to become fine young men while changing my perspective about the world.

When I left Indianapolis, Bloomington was a long way from home. How wrong can you be! While my offspring traveled around the world, I was grinding out a respectable living working in the family business in Indy. They were experiencing things I read about in the encyclopedia. Well, as a result, I've learned about the world away from Indy through them while I've become somewhat of an "Indy Geek".

So, in my coming posts, you will hear a lot about the how, when, where, and why's of Indianapolis balanced by my offspring and loving wife's much different perspective from outside the state lines

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great first post. You might think about using parts of this for your "About Me" section on the right hand column. Just click on the wrench/screwdriver button to edit the "About Me" content with your own words.