Thursday, July 31, 2008

Lucas Oil Stadium Fish Tank

I was listening to a local "wacko" conservative radio station between sales calls this week. I did not catch the name of the person being interviewed, but he was a member of our local government. They were discussing the current problems with the completion of Lucas Oil Stadium (I still cannot believe they named the stadium after a lubricant) and the recent damage caused by the failure of the roof drainage system.

Anyhoo, he added more angst to my concerns for the water problems when he told the interviewer that the stadium floor is 25 feet below street level and that the water table in downtown Indy is 26 feet below street level. Have you ever had a sump pump fail in your home? Well, I have. The basement filled up with water.

It just adds one more dimension to the facility that Bart Peterson had not conceived. We could stock it with fish and have the Bass Pro Shops convention.

No comments: