Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hair


I am married to a beautiful woman. She also happens to be smart, personable, loving, charming, engaging, entrepreneurial, energetic, caring, and most importantly understanding...after all, she happens to live with a somewhat perplexing man which would happen to be me.

She also happens to have breast cancer. That in itself is quite an ordeal. Well, I'm experiencing my own side effects. How effective would a solar cell be without the sun? Well, she is my sunshine, it has been cloudy, and my batteries are a bit on the low side.

This week, she began to lose her hair. I've known this was going to happen for over a month, but it actually happened this weekend. We have "debated" the length and style of her locks for nearly four decades. My preference has always been the longer the better. Like most women her preference has always been for short, cute, and quick to style. We've normally compromised for something in between. As of today, it's gone until the Colts blow another Super Bowl opportunity.

Isn't it silly for me to fret about hair when she is fighting cancer? You can bet your sweet bippy it is. Nevertheless, I am human and my wife's hair is one of my major weaknesses.

So I'm sorry, but when I look at her tonight..all I can think of is "Cha-cha-cha-Chia"! If the stores haven't yet sold out their Christmas inventory of Chia Pets, and I paste those little seeds on her head, do you think her head will be covered faster?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No you cannot paste a chia pet seed on her head you silly goose! LOL You & the family are ever present in my mind, so much so my wonderful church family took you all again before the throne of God. I got a vision of Julie hedged in....as soon as I got the vision Pastor Stacey started calling out for a fresh hedge of faith to be around Julie. I instantly started praying that same hedge be around each and everyone of you. Abraham was called to be the father of many nations by God LONG before it actually happened. Abraham had a seed of faith, most likely not bigger then a mustard seed, but he believed God and became the father of many nations. I know and believe God has already healed Julie. Borrow my faith if you must, but just believe that I believe! Keep your chin up! You can't see our glorious Lord's face if you are lookin at your feet! Hugs

jill said...

I love this blog, because you are allowing everyone to realize this SUCKS! for both of you. I have known you many moons and you are an outstanding man who loves his lady with every ounce of your heart. Maybe you could buy Julie a long hair wig- just for fun :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ted...this whole cancer thing has been a hurdle for me and is tripping me up big time for words. Looks like you are surrounded by all kinds of genuine help and support but it can't take away the hurt of it all. Julie's blog pic today is darling! Her wig "do" makes her look like she is in her 20s again...don't you think? She may be your sunshine but she is going to need your battery to keep her going at times. I'm praying for both of you. Betsy