Thursday, March 19, 2009

Something is Always Broken


Only once in my adult life did I not own something that was broken. That brief moment would be when I had just graduated from college and moved out of my parents' house. I also, coincidentally, did not own anything except my RCA stereo and a B & W Phillips television with rabbit ears. Life was simple. Then, my old man talked me into buying a house. Need I say any more?

I started by replacing the roof, painting the entire house inside and out, and hanging wallpaper in the kitchen which my smart ass little brother noticed had been hung upside down. Shut up! No one will notice. I'm not doing it over. Next, was the A/C. It was too hot in the house to make out with my future wife. So, I called up Love Heating and Air Conditioning to install central air. The A/C worked fine, but it was still too hot to make out. Hubba! Hubba!

Anyway, I'm getting off the subject. I have been a wonderful consumer over the past 37 years and have come to realize that most "things" have a shelf life of about 7 to 10 years before they break, self-destruct, or just aren't worth the effort to take care of anymore. You name it. I've bought it, broken it, fixed it, and replaced it.

Today, I have come full circle. I am having my A/C replaced by Love Heating and Air Conditioning because my older unit gave up after seven years. However, the goal isn't to cool down the kissing. It's her hot flashes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's once again an honor to be mentioned in your blog. I fondly look forward to your next complimentary moment. Yours truly, #6

Anonymous said...

It's always a pleasure to receive your humor. When you retire, how about doing a column for the online newspaper? Betsy