Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thermostat Control


Who is in control of the thermostat in your abode? If you are a man, you are in control. If not, buy a skirt. No self-respecting man ever relinquishes control of the one thing that women are incapable of understanding.


Oh, I sense the ladies are not happy I could make such a claim?Well, answer these questions:

(True or False)
1) Will raising the thermostat setting by five degrees warm the house up faster?
2) Will lowering the thermostat five degrees cool the house down sooner?
3) Can you properly adjust the settings on a programmable thermostat?
4) Does it make you uncomfortable to have the house temperature set at 55 degrees during the winter when you leave town for a few days?
5) Are you going through menopause?
6) Did your husband kill ants with a magnifying glass when he was young?

Correct Answers:
1) False. The furnace can only warm the house as fast as he can "heat" you up. It takes awhile.
2) False. I think I just cooled down my wife.
3) False. You should stick to cooking, cleaning, and bringing home a paycheck. Leave the technical stuff to your hubby.
4) If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there, does it make a noise? Same concept. If you don't get it, leave the thermostat alone!
5) It depends. If you have messed with the thermostat in the last 24 hours, you are in menopause.
6) If so, he understands thermo stuff. Need I say more?

Oh, BTW, the same goes for the car.











3 comments:

Unknown said...

I control the thermostat in my house. If Bill did the house would be at a, comfortable only for him, 84 degrees in the winter and the electric and gas bills would be well over $200 a month each! So, therefore, me being a bean counter by nature I have TOTAL control of the thermostat....am thinking of putting a lock on it like they do at the facility!

Anonymous said...

I gotta' be honest.. I'm siding with Aunt Julie on this one bud!

Anonymous said...

What a great web log. I spend hours on the net reading blogs, about tons of various subjects. I have to first of all give praise to whoever created your theme and second of all to you for writing what i can only describe as an fabulous article. I honestly believe there is a skill to writing articles that only very few posses and honestly you got it. The combining of demonstrative and upper-class content is by all odds super rare with the astronomic amount of blogs on the cyberspace.