Saturday, November 14, 2009

Freekin' Flying





I have not yet forgotten the trauma of my San Francisco debacle with Airtran Airlines and what do I do? I climbed aboard another aluminum flying tube with a different logo pasted to its side headed to London. This time US Airways is the culprit.

The leftovers of Tropical Depression Ida have been slowly working their way from the Gulf Coast north to the New England area. Up here, they do not call them tropical depressions. They refer to them as Noreasters. Thats' slang for it is raining and blowing like hell form the northeast. Or, in my case, it means I am sitting in a hotel for 24 hours in Philadelphia rather than my luxury suite in London next to Hyde Park.

I know US Airways is not responsible for the weather, but they are accountable for treating me like livestock riding up I-65 on a semi-trailer headed for the International Beef Packing Company outside of Logansport to become next week's deli sandwich. How can they expect me to return as a customer when they offered no notification of my flight delay, no assistance to stow my luggage from a nasty flight attendant that Julie almost decked, no options when my connection was in doubt, no chance of making my connection by having the London flight leave EARLY before its scheduled time, no reasonable effort to get me on another flight, no eye contact as they told us we'd have to wait and get on a flight a freakin' 24 hours later, and finally offering me their condolences on an 8 1/2 X 11 piece of paper that offered to put me up in an EconoSludge in ghetto-Philly..at my cost no less.

So, heads up American Airlines in February and Southwest in April. All I want is a tad more humanity, a smile, on-time arrival, a Diet Coke, and a little bit of legroom. Hold the peanuts!


No comments: