Thursday, October 4, 2007

Women and What They Taught Me


Men are mentally disabled. That's why God created a woman-to keep us that way.

Hey, I'm kidding!

So, what have I learned and from who?

*My Mom-My birthday was the most special day of the year. At least, until Joe was born. When I asked her why he got everything I ever asked for she told me, "I was tired". I now know what she meant.

*Mrs. McGrath, my 6th grade math teacher, taught us that school was a serious place.
She was also a great teacher.

*Karen S. was my first kiss.

*Kandi K.(that's her real name) was the first person I knew who had emotional pain. Up to that point, I thought Beaver Cleaver was troubled.

*Joan W. was the first girl who drove me away by being nice. That's an interesting phenomena I still do not understand about men.

*Pat M. left me for a Purdue man. That was totally humiliating. Big mistake!

*Mary D. was the unfortunate person who knew me at my peak of being a very immature knucklehead who thought he had it all figured out. Is it too late to apologize?

*Helen L. showed me you can recover from anything including "that Guy Doyal".

*Brooke K. has made me aware that I still need more training.

*Julie L. found me and I found her and we've been in love ever since. We're so very lucky to have each other.

May all single men be as fortunate as me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice "playing to the home crowd" there at the end, but you came off a little "whippped" if you ask me.......

And I can't imagine getting dumped for a Boiler.....that's a tough one to bounce back from.

Anonymous said...

And am I picking up on some resentment of your little brother? Seems to be a common theme through the last few emails. I'm ranked last in the Frey Family Power Rankings and I just choose to embrace it.

It's tough, and I feel your pain, Big Guy.

Unknown said...

There's nothing wrong with being dumped by a Boiler...